Today I will share an amazing trick or you can say hack with you guys How to Change IP Address in Windows. Read the full article carefully. I will share 2 methods to assign a static IP address to your PC and also tell you the way from which you can know what is my IP? So let’s get started.
How to change the IP address of the computer. The answer to this question you will find in the material below, but before that, you need to figure something out. PIP address or simply IP (short for Internet protocol address) is a unique numeric identifier of a node in a computer network that is built using IP protocol, in particular, IP version 4 (IPv4).
The nodes of the network with their own IP-addresses can be computers, mobile phones, laptops and other devices ( printers, video cameras, routers, etc).
How to Change IP Address in Windows
There are times when you need to change IP address in Windows. For example, if you want to view the content that is not available from your IP address. Here I will solve your problem by following 2 methods. Simply just follow the steps below:
Method 1: Unplugging the Modem
When you connect your modem to the internet, your ISP provides you an IP address each time you connect with them. So this method is clear as you disconnect and reconnect with the internet through the dial-up modem then you will be assigned a new IP address.
But if you using Broadband service then you are assigned with a static IP address which needs some time to change. So this method takes some time to work. First of all, disconnect your connection and wait for a long period of time of 4-5 hours and then reconnect your Broadband. This way you will be assigned a new IP Address.
Method 2: Through Local Network or Network Settings
1. Go to Control Panel and click on Network and Internet and then Network and Sharing Center. (Also can do this by going to Start and search for Network and Sharing Center).
2. Now on the left panel click on the option “Change Adapter Settings“.
3. Now there you will see the available as well as your old connected Networks. Right-click on the network for which you want to change IP Address and Select Properties.
4. Now Double Click on the Internet Protocol Version 4 (IPv4). Then you will see the screen as same as below. There click on use the Following IP address. Now type desired IP address and click on OK button to validate.
That’s it, All Done. The IP address is successfully changed and now you can use this new IP Address for any purpose. Now every packet sent to Network will have the new IP Address. 🙂
What is my IP?
As I told you guys that I will tell you 2 methods to change your IP Address and will also tell you that how can you check your IP address. So this is the method below to check what is my IP address?
1. Go to start and type or search for “CMD” and then press Enter to open the command prompt.
2. Now type the command “ipconfig” and press enter.
3. This will tell you all the networks connected to your Broadband which includes all the wifi devices and the PC. This will tell you the IPv4+IPv6 and Default Gateway for all the connections.
I hope you will like this article and will definitely share this amazing trick with all of our friends. If you have any problem regarding the how to change IP Address, Feel free to contact us by commenting below. We will as soon as possible solve your problem. 🙂